RSS

Brooklyn's Finest

A r u c a r D . [ R ] . Filed Under:

Coming from the director of such a classic as Training Day, I knew I needed to prepare myself for a gritty, down to earth, real scenario embracing movie. This movie definitely delivered on all of the above, but I felt there was something missing. The ending was also not one I was pleased with, as it left you with questions with no answers to them. [Not particularly about the story, moreso about some characters.]

3 of the 4 stars above were characterized as cops, one of which plays a notorious drug dealer whom just got home after 8 years, 2 cops with a conflicting secret life, 1 cop with a conflicting life in general, a drug dealer who wants out.

Movie was well shot, scripting was also nicely done, acting was not bad at all and it definitely is in line with whole drama / crime genre. I am not about dramatic movies at all, but there are just those movies that grip you and do not want you to let go, this story definitely had the potential and did so in some occasions, but the ending eliminated that grasp.

Movie is well worth a watch and a buy, I cannot say I enjoyed it more than Training Day, but it definitely was up there and up to par.

8 / 10

edit post

0 Responses to "Brooklyn's Finest"

Post a Comment

FollowerZ